Wisdom tooth

I am having problem of wisdom tooth and actually it has not appeared on the surface till now. But by touching through tongue I can feel little bit of it. While eating food I feel pain.but it not yet swell. Please suggest me. And how much cost it will take.

Doctor Answers (7) on Wisdom tooth

Wisdom teeth problems are very common at this age between to 18-27 years. you may need to go and meet a dentist to get it evaluated clinically. you may need to go for a radiograph/ x-ray as suggested by your dentist. if the radiograph suggests any abnormal position of the tooth or lack of space for the third molar to erupt or it is causing damage to adjacent teeth, you may need to go for its extraction. kindly go through my article on wisdom tooth (https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/truth-about-wisdom-tooth-18956/post)
Dr. Ketan Garg Nagpur | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Avoid eating on that side.
Use chlorhexidine based mouth wash. Twice a day.
Brush that area thoroughly with a small head tooth brush.
Use warm saline gargles of area is sore and pain starts while swallowing.
Consult your dentist for X-ray and review.

Wisdom tooth erupt any time after 18 years, usually by 24 years.
Teething troubles are expected when the tooth is about to erupt.
Pain starts if the gums covering the wisdom tooth gets trapped between the lower and upper teeth while chewing. This further leads to gum swelling which increases while chewing.
This vicious cycle continues for a while increasing if food particles gets stuck.
Break this cycle by thoroughly cleaning using brush or mouthwash.

Your doctor will advice you to extract the wisdom tooth if this problem reoccurs in 6months.

It is observed that wisdom teeth are most difficult and painful to erupt. Normally they erupt between 18 to 25 and may be even later in some cases, depending on the avaliablity of space etc. In your case it might be still in the eruption stages. And as you mentioned that there is little pain and no swelling, so there is nothing to worry. Just get one intra oral x ray done at your nearby clinic, to see the position and angulation of your wisdom tooth.
In the meanwhile do take care to keep the area clean, with brushing and saline mouth washes.
Remember, extraction is the last resort and only done when it is impacted and causes you repeated pain and swelling. There are other conservative lines of treatment by which extraction can be avoided.
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Wisdom teeth usually come between the ages of 18 and 25.  Upon careful clinical examination and digital x-rays we can come to a conclusion of the correct line of treatment.  If it's completely impacted and causing problems such as swelling and pain then extraction is usually the option...  But if it is completely submerged we can take a call after prescribing antibiotics.  Feel free to consult.
Dr. Lakshmi Roopesh Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt and usually found struck in an unfavorable position in the jaw.  Like you said you can feel it with the tongue And hurts while chewing because the food must be getting lodged in between your last molar and wisdom tooth. Please do not wait for the pain or swelling. It is better to go ahead with extraction if it's in unfavorable position. Till then ensure thorough brushing, flossing and a lot of warm saline rinses. It may cost around 3-5thousand rupees.
Hi.. removal of the wisdom tooth is a best solution and permanent remedy. It costs 2500-3500-5000 based on tooth position. Regards
Hi wisdom tooth being the last tooth to erupt usually has to undergo a struggle. Intraoral xray or opg may be required to check the position of the tooth. If a surgical removal is required for it then usually the fees is about 5-6000. Hope that helps.