White stuff on teeth

I am a 28 year old female who has hypothyroidism and PCOD. The conditions are well under control. However, I have been noticing plaque on my teeth in the past few weeks. I brush twice a day and I don't understand why I've got the bacterial-food film. Now, there are two questions I want to ask. 1- Is the plaque due to thyroid or the medications I am taking. 2- Is teeth cleaning/ scaling now the option for me? HELP!
views-icons 39 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

Hello, plaque on tooth surface could be because of not drinking enough water or not maintaining proper brushing technique. It is not due to thyroid or the medications. Visit a dentist and get your scaling and polishing done. brush twice a day,floss regularly and rinse after every meal.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, Mam,get your cleaning done at regular 6 month intervals and follow a proper brushing technique supplimented with flossing.You should be fine. Regards Dr Sumanmakam
Dr. Vinod Khanna
Dentist 7 yrs exp Chennai

Plaque deposition is nowhere related to your medications. Its the technique of tooth bruahing which is more important.
Consult a dentist. Tooth cleaning and polishing may be required for you.
Nothing to worry. Its very common.
Dr. Shruti Joshi
Dentist 17 yrs exp Thane
Hi. There is no relation between plaque & hypothyroidism & PCOD or the medicines. .The only solution to get rid of plaque is to get a six monthly to yearly cleaning done from the dentist for healthy gums.