White rings on tongue

Hi, I have been facing this problem for last three months. White dots appears on my tongue. They enlarge to form rings with white borders. Then they get fused together and form a large ring/ half circle with white ring.then it dissapear. This area looks different from other part of the tongue.it looks pink plane and without papillie.this process continues for 6-7 days.again the same cycle starts at the same spots on the tongue. Went to two- three dentists. No one could diagnos it.one dentist says its geographic tongue but he is doubtful its appearing at the same placce. Kindly help me with this?

Doctor Answers (2) on White rings on tongue

The details given by Dr Rao is pretty much it to your condition. Only thing I would like to add is to go to an Oral Medicine ( a dentist who has specialises in field of oral medicine) rather than going to a general dentist for such a condition
Dr. Shilpa Rao Pune | Dentist
Hi.. this is called 'geographic tongue'. You'll be relieved to know that geographic tongue is a harmless, benign condition that isn't linked to any infection or cancer. Two other names for geographic tongue are benign migratory glossitis and erythema migrans.

In most cases, any pain or discomfort will get better without treatment. But if you have severe, ongoing pain, medication can help. These are examples of what your doctor or dentist may prescribe:
-Over-the-counter pain relievers
-Anti-inflammatories
-Mouth rinses with anesthetic
-Corticosteroids applied directly on the                          tongue
-Zinc supplements