diabetes-icon

Weight loss

I have a 6 month old baby now. I am trying hard to lose weight for the past few weeks. But I can hardly see any change. Kindly let me know how to lose weight in a healthy way from home. My height is 163 cm and weight is 65 Kg. I am moving to Dubai in a month. It would be nice if I can lose weight before I leave India.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight loss

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. First thing is you need to have less of carbs and more of proteins...so best thing is have less qt of rice or reduce the no of chapathis you have and have more of dal or subzi...you need to replace your rice or chapathis with oats,ragi balls or Suji preparations... You can tk any one fruit like banana, orange or Apple or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... Have loads of water too...You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling,k swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....you can also include green tea...it will increase metabolism...consult a dietician for a specific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the very best.... Thank you