Weight loss

I am suffering from spinal chord arthritis and Iam getting overweight day by day .My concern is how to reduce weight without joining any Jim or any other classes which include heavy exercises.so please suggest me any details plan which I can follow and take care of my disease as well as weight.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight loss

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... My advices are- you should avoid eating oily and spicy foods, avoid sugary substances like sweets and diary products since it contributes too much of calories. If you are a non vegetarian skip consuming meat like mutton instead you can prefer skinned out chicken 1-2 pieces which should be a cooked variety not a fried type and it should be only once a week or you can have fish curry not fish fry, since fried food substances have lot of oil which will cause gastritis.prefer fresh fruits like pears,apples, citrus fruits,jamon, berries like blueberries,raspberries and include fresh vegetables in the form of salads.have fresh sprouts daily in the morning. Prefer daily egg white and a glass of milk in your diet. Try to include brown rice, oats into your diet.prefer olive oil or if not available then sunflower oil for cooking. Avoid cocunut in your cooking since it is rich in cholesterol.prefer buttermilk and ragi gunji than coffee and tea .prefer home cooked meals. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Do daily morning meditation... In the evening do brisk walking for 30-40 mins... If you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician....