Weight loss
I am 34 years old female.I am suffering from hypothyroidism. I am taking 75 mg tablet daily......................... I am suffering from PCOD also.......... I have irregular menstrual cycle and all these problems are linked with my excess weight. my height is 4feet 7 inches and weight is 62kg.I want to loose weight.I have changed my diet...now I am eating more fruits n salads.i have replaced wheat chapati with Ragi roti and Jowari roti...will it help me??? I am doing moderate exercise also... Plz guide me and suggest me Vegetarian Diet plan to loose weight... Thnx

Dr. Harisha N L

First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too mich suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white, vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do...consult dietitian they will do the needful.