Weight issues

Need a diet consultation with a nutritionist. I'm overweight and for at least a month or two not allowed to exercise since I have a ligament tear in the leg!

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight issues

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. i can understand your concern, but since yours is a weight related question, you need to at least mention your height and weight. Body Mass Index(BMI) is a good indication of what your weight needs to be and how much you need to reduce. here are a few tips on how to reduce weight. 1) Have a high protein and low carbohydrate diet and drink lots of water. 2) high fiber food is recommended and your calorie intake should be less that your daily required. 3) divide your meals into 5 smaller meals and also let 2 of those meals be completely of fruits and vegetables. include lots of greens in your diet. 4) don't have anything 2 hours before going to bed. don't sleep immediately after food. best regards.