Weight gain...

Sir/madam I have kidney stones in both kidneys and the problem is weight gain.iam taking psyllium husk for weight loss and constipation but I want to know the right process that how to take psyllium husk and what is the exact amount to take?please suggest me ... Thank you.

Doctor Answers (3) on Weight gain...

Dr. Swapan Banerjee Kolkata | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi welcome - I understand your concern. For weight loss ,you need to plan a low calorie meals, 1200- 1400kcal/day , & mild level of home-based exercises. As you have kidney stones ,so no need of extensive workout. you should be around 62-65 kgs ,not more than that. Avoid high calcium,oxalate,citrate based foods like too much animal foods,Avoid spinach, beet, fried foods, less brwon rice or beans.
Dr. Dt. Archna Gupta Ghaziabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello dear as said by Nisha also I agree beside thistake plenty of liquids as psyllium need more water to add bulk to the system.,but try to take high fibre through daily diet from green vegetables and avoid spinach.bhindi,brinhal,tomato lotus stem,citrus fruit and black chana,rajma and urd dal.full cream milk products, fried things as well as junk foods.keep hydrated,fix target as how much weight you want to loose, accordingly plan your diet and physical activity. If you want to know more specific and personalised guidance connect with me.
Ms. Nisha Singh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, to lose weight you should eat healthy and follow some exercise routine. Psyllium husk. Is not the answer for weight loss. Eat more fruits and salads, drink 2 to 3 liters of water daily. Have a small fistful of Nuts and exercise for atleast an hour 6 days a week. Avoid fried and fatty foods, too much of sweets and mithai etc. As for dosage 5g or 1 tsp to begin with, with 1 glass of water. Drink adequate water thru the day. It tends to affect absorption of certain medications so either take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after taking any medicines.