Weight gain

I weighed normal till 15 yrs but after that I took steroids for wheezing and I had put on weight a lot infact. I want to reduce and come back to normal even if it take more than a year or two. Time is not my problem but I want to healthy lose weight and become fit. Hope you can help me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight gain

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
What is your height weight. I can help u wit fat loss.4-5 KGS weight loss in month and itwll be I healthy way no medication or supplements.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. First thing is you need to have less of carbs and more of proteins...so best thing is have less qt of rice or reduce the no of chapathis you have and have more of dal or subzi...you need to replace your rice or chapathis with oats,ragi balls or Suji preparations... You can tk any one fruit like banana, orange or Apple or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... Have loads of water too...You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling,k swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....you can also include green tea...it will increase metabolism...consult a dietician for a specific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the very best.... Thank you