Weight gain

I want to gain weight and sustain that weight .I am having only 45 kg weight from last 2 years so suggest me

Ms. Nisha Singh
Dietitian/Nutritionist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, hope you are well. I need to know your height as well to determine your ideal body weight. I would recommend you to take small, frequent meals. Have energy dense, carb rich meals, with good quality protein as well. Good sources of proteins are eggs, sprouts, roasted chana, rajma, chicken, seafood and nuts. Add ghee/oil to your roti, rice, khichdi. Have fruit milkshakes, dates with milk, honey dipped almonds. Have 2 bananas every day. For a personalized diet plan ping me for an appointment.
Harisha N L

The diagnoses are quite variable and may include reduced food intake, organic causes,or psychological disorders; however, among many older adults, no obvious medical cause can be identified. A variety of nonpharmacologic interventions may improve energy intake and lead to weight gain. In some cases, access to quality nutrition is the main issue. The most common approach to the treatment of weight loss among older adults is consumption of high-energy/high-protein oral supplements between meals as a means of increasing daily energy intake. The role for pharmacotherapy remains limited at present....Avoid junk foods,add extra calories to your diet,have 4 to 5 meals rather than large 3...add protein rich foods and healthy fats to diet for e.g..egg white...add fibre rich foods like green leafy veggies,carrots,Apple, etc. Add green tea to your diet .you have to eat more foods high in amino acids,calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium...do regular exercise without failure......consult dietitian for further details