Want to quit smoking

Hi doctors, I have very bad habit of smoking. I really want to quit it but I have a very weak will power. so please suggest how can I quit smoking. I smoke 7-9 cigarette a day. I am smoking for the last 8-9 years.
views-icons 246 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Want to quit smoking

Dr. Amit Jagtiani
6 yrs. of exp | Agra | Psychiatrist
There are various behavioral techniques and medications to assist you in quitting smoking. Consult a psychiatrist.
Dr. Vikas Khanna
13 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Hypnotherapist
You may get a hypnotherapy session done for smoking cessation.
Sharath Kumar K N
Mandya | General Physician
hello,To increase your motivation to quit smoking and get rid of cigarettes, you must: Be convinced of the many downsides of smoking;,, Identify the benefits TO YOU of living without cigarettes;,, Know that the benefits and aid you get from cigarettes can be obtained in other ways;,,and Understand that the problems of quitting are temporary, but the benefits will last for a lifetime.. they are nicotine chewing gums availbale over the counter in medical stores , which can be used to avoid cravings, spend more time with people who dont smoke. avoid drinking which is also a trigger. all the best.