Smoking and tobacco
I want to quit smoking and chewing of tobacco. I have tried nicotine gum, suggest any medicine for this. And also want to increase my weight. Pls pls suggest any medicine.

Dr. Bhushan Mhetre
Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Pune
Tobacco dependence is managed with some anticraving agents, motivation therapy and psychological intervention. If anticraving drugs are not effective, replacement therapy like gums may be tried. Motivation is the key in Deaddiction. There are no medications or therapies to cure addiction overnight. Do consult a psychiatrist for comprehensive assessment and management.