There are four keys to controlling belly fat: exercise, diet, sleep, and stress management.1. Exercise: Vigorous exercise trims all your fat, including visceral fat.Get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least 5 days a week. Walking counts, as long as it's brisk enough that you work up a sweat and breathe harder, with your heart rate faster than usual.To get the same results in half the time, step up your pace and get vigorous exercise -- likejogging or walking. You'd need to do that for 20 minutes a day, 4 days a week.Moderate activity -- raising your heart rate for 30 minutes at least three times per week -- also helps. It slows down how much visceral fat you gain. But to torch visceral fat, your workouts may need to be stepped up. Other things like playing volleyball, football, tennis other field games which makes you sweat all does same effect. 2. Diet: There is no magic diet for belly fat. But when you lose weight on any diet, belly fat usually goes first.Getting enough fiber can help(vegetables, fruits (not filtered fruit juice). Avoid all outside junk foods, sweets or whatever ever extra you take between meals. Only three meals per day, stop taking each meal before it's full stomach. Avoid sweets or extra sugar
. Avoid energy drinks. Practice habit of taking green tea or lemon juice (no sugar) daily in the morning. 3. Sleep: Getting the right amount of good sleep also helps to reduce weight. Atleast 6 to 7 hours a day. 4. Stress: Everyone has stress. How you handle it matters. The best things you can do include relaxing with friends and family, meditating,exercising to blow off steam, and getting counseling.
Exercise probably has the most immediate benefits, because it gets at both obesity and stress.” Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss are:
1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively.
2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods.
3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight.
4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet.
5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets.
6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day.
The diet chart is just a plan. How well you execute this plan and achieve maximum benefits is important.
A sample diet chart that can be beneficial in losing weight is:
1. Early morning - a cup of skimmed milk without sugar
2. Breakfast - whole bread with low fat spread, cereal mixture, a glass of fruit juice
3. Mid morning - one raw vegetable like carrot or cucumber.
4. Lunch - A bowl of clear soups without cream added. Wheat pancakes with mixed vegetables that are boiled or baked, low fat yogurt, a small bowl of brown rice with pulse preparation. One fruit.
5. Early evening - Sprouted salad
6. Late evening - Protein powder mixed in a cup of skimmed milk and crackers.
7. Dinner - Wheat pancakes with lean meat preparation or legume preparation, a bowl of green salad, low fat yogurt.
You can substitute the foods given in the diet chart with healthier options.
For all these to work,, first you need to have inner motivation to lose weight.