Vitiligo and Psoriasis

Hi, I've been suffering from Vitiligo from about 15 years now and have got Psoriasis from last 2 years. Psoriasis keeps on coming and going, but my Vitiligo patches are there and are neither increasing nor decreasing. There are 6 patches on my body that I really want to get rid of. I wanted to know how safe is the procedure, what are the costs, how long is the surgery and how long is the bed rest post that? Thank you in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Vitiligo and Psoriasis

Dr. Suruchi Puri Delhi | Dermatologist/Cosmetologist
Vitiligo responds well to the light therapies/ medication. Therapies would be helpful for both psoriasis and vitiligo and ofcourse surgical options by the latest technology can be done provided your disease is stable for atleast 6 months. You are most welcome in our Center at Delhi for if you want a surgical or therapy opinion Regards
Thanks for the query.
Vitiligo is an immune system mediated skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now it is believed to be a multisystem disorder that can have other auto-immune comorbidities. A proper assessment to determine the presence and severity of these comorbidities is needed. There are basically 2 components of therapy – First is to stop the spread of the disease and second is to refill colour. There are different ways of doing that and it differs from patient to patient. If you have tried medical therapy and have not achieved desired results, you can consider surgical options like suction blister grafts/non cultured melanocytes suspension. It requires expertise to perform and results take few months to be visible. The prerequisite for surgery is stable disease for atleast a year.  Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. You may still do well on medical treatment.
Cost of surgery depends on physical assessment during consultation.