Uric acid problem

My father has uric acid problem. He is suffering from knee pains and joint pains. I want a permanent treatment for this without taking diagnosis daily throughout the life. Please suggest if any treatment available

Dr. Ritesh Nazareth
Orthopedist 14 yrs exp Mumbai

What permanent treatment do u want for? The uric acid or the knee & Joint pains. Try to understand that both may not be linked as u feel. As the cause of knee and joint pains are many and not only uric acid.
Dr. Nidhi Saxena (PT)
Physiotherapist 11 yrs exp Bhopal
High serum uric acid puts a person at increaded risk for gout and kidney stones. Follow a high fibre diet. Spinach, celery, oats are good sources of fibre. Fruits and vegetables such as red bell peppers, tomatoes, brocolli are rich in antioxidents n should b made a part of diet. Limit poultry, meat and fish as they r rich in purine which increases uric acid levels.
Dr. Hitin Mathur
Orthopedic Surgeon 16 yrs exp Noida
Increased uric acid is due to deficiency of an e enzyme in the body that helps in elimination of uric acid. In its absence uric acid will rise. The treatment lies in diet control for high proteins and if not controlled will diet medications lifelong is the only treatment in allopathy.