Underweight

My problem is that my weight is not up to the marks. I am underweight. I also feel the problem in hunger (less).

Doctor Answers (2) on Underweight

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins.... Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also....include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and based on the history you have given, you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass so avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation....if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina....Consult dietitian they will do the needful.
Vimal Kumar Chennai | General Physician
Dear friend, If you have never gained weight thats a different problem. And if your weight has reduced recently thats a different problem. If you have never gained weight pls follow my suggestions, 1) Take healthy diet rich in proteins and vitamins (chicken, egg, fish, fruits, nuts, greens, milk) 2) Exercise regularly to build your body 3) take Tab.Pan40 (before food) 1-0-1 for 15 days to avoid loss of appetite. 4) Do a blood test : TFT If you have a recent loss of weight, pls consult a general physician near you for detailed examination. Hope this helps. Regards