I want to gain weight.I want to join the defence forces,but according to my height my weight is almost 5-8kgs less according to their standards.Please recommend me a natural Indian diet,which i can follow.Any exercises? which I can do..

Doctor Answers (1) on Underweight

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins. Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also.include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and based on the history you have given, you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass for the job you want so avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation.if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina and it will also help you in the future in the job you want.if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician.