Under weight

I am 23 years old and i am just 45kg. I eat food but is not putting on weight. What should i do to put on weight

Doctor Answers (2) on Under weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
There can be many reasons to not put on weight what is your height. U need to gain muscle mass. I can help u with 4-5 KGS muscle gain in month.that too healthy one taking high calorie foods may not be so much right as it will help u to gain fat not muscle.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, We understand your feeling and your condition totally but we would like to say that eat food alone will work. There is a chance of conditions like these when it is completely inherited fRom your ancestors. For that you need to wait and watch there is a chance of putting on weight after marriage. But in between you need take high calorie Diet it include bananas, seasonal fruits, rice, cereals, cabbage, eggs, meat both red and white. And along with this there should be some physical activity. Thank you