Unable to move in sleep
I wake up during sleep but I can't move any of my body parts even finger tips. I can't even speak or tell others But my brain will be working normally i.e., I can think and even talk to myself and try to be cool. But cannot move at all. This is very scary as my body and brain are awake but my body is not under my control. All of a sudden I move. Please tell me what type of disease is this and remedies for it.

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety... Sleep paralysis may be due to underlying causes like stress,sleep disturbances, narcolepsy,substance abuse,bipolar disorders etc....Most people need no treatment for sleep paralysis. Treating any underlying conditions such as narcolepsy may help if you are anxious or unable to sleep well Using antidepressant medication if it is prescribed to help regulate sleep cycles...I would suggest you to consult nearest psychiatrist they will do the needful
Dr. Udayan Bhaumik
Psychiatrist 2 yrs exp Udupi
It looks as though you have sleep paralysis.It may be scary but usually does not pose a problem.However it is often associated with other sleep problems for which you may want to see a psychiatrist.