Unable to gain weight

Hello Doctor, I'm 23 years old. Since my childhood, I am unable to gain weight. I eat a lot, but nothing adds up to the body mass. Tried taking the supplements as well, but they didn't help either. Precisely, everyone makes fun of me. I have to go through a lot harassment and body shaming everyday which has rather resulted in lower self esteem. I remember the time when I was 52 KG (still underweight) but looked better. I can't go to the gym because A. Busy life schedule and B. Physical weakness. I got my thyroid profile done a few months ago and it was pretty normal. Please suggest me something to gain weight faster. Thank you. :)

Doctor Answers (1) on Unable to gain weight

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello, In medical terms Body mass index less than 18 is considered undernourished.you can take one deworming tablet albendazol which clears our worms . Sleep for 7-8 hours, don't stress yourself, have meals at regular intervals, don't skip meals , have meat ,ghee, egg, fish etc...Don't drink water in-between meals , have milk and milk products,Working out in gym helps to increase appetite if you have poor appetite