Tummy Fat because of depr

I have fat on my tummy and face as previously I suffered from depression and put a lot of weight. ...kindly suggest that visiting a nutritionist is good or I need to be on low carb and high protein ...or suggest me what to do

Doctor Answers (1) on Tummy Fat because of depr

Harisha N L
3 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Weight gain happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, fruits...do regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck.