Tsh level increased
Hello doctors, i am 7 month post partum..during pregnancy my tsh was 5.4 and was prescribed thyronorm 25 mcg .just aftr delivery it was appr 3.7 So my gynaec suggested to continue the same medication for another 6 mnths which i followed. I again got it tested and surprisingly even after medication it has shoot up to 6.2 What should i do? I am brstfeeding mother..hope it does not affect my baby..

Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 17 yrs exp Bangalore

If you  really want to know  the root cause of your problem and heal, please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 13 yrs exp Pune

Involve a good endo crinologist  in management also..
Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, It would be wise to do two tests considering your history of hypothyroidism and pregnancy. A full thyroid profile (free T3, free T4, TSH) for yourself and check if a heel prick testing of TSH, was done for your baby. If not get it done. A replacement dose of Eltroxin 50 ug would be required if: a. You are symptomatic of hypothyroidism like sleepiness, constipation and lethargy. b. If free T3 and free T4 levels are below the normal range. Eltroxin is safe for breast feeding mothers. Regards, Aditi