Tsh level 10.34uIU/ml

We are planning for a baby her tsh levels are 10.34 is it effect in conceiving.she is not taking any medication till now we diagnosed now only her thyroid .I will consult doctor. meanwhile any advise how to control it We have to wait till controlled tsh level or is it OK to plan baby now. Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Doctor Answers (3) on Tsh level 10.34uIU/ml

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Please read my blogs. Hope that helps.
Dr. Sachin Dalal Mumbai | Gynecologist
You can plan the baby now, no need to wait. 10.34 is just marginally high. Get her T3 & T4 also done.. Start on folic acid supplements and thyroid supplementation after consulting your gynec. Best wishes for the pregnancy. Dr Sachin Dalal Madhu Hospital Bhandup West Mumbai
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... I understand what you what to convey me...I think you should know that the normal TSH value ranges between 0.4 to 4.5 milliunits per liter. Generally high values are seen in infection of thyroid gland or hypothyroidism and low values in hyperthyroidism, toxic nodule.... Based on the values you have mentioned the person might be in hypothyroid state... And you should also know thyroid hormones in the fetus starts producing by 2.5-3months of pregnancy, so till then its dependant on mothers thyroid hormone... This hormone is necessary for fetal brain and nervous system development.... Hypothyroidism in pregnancy can be managed by taking synthetic preparation of thyroxine.... So kindly consult a endocrinologist and take his opinion in coordination with the obstetrician for proper planning.....