Trigger Finger

From last two days, i feel some clicking and obstruction type feeling when i try to straighten my one finger. Till now i don't feel any pain. i come to know that it's trigger finger and want to know to get further advice to treat these problem. Do i need to give absolute rest to my finger or do i need to keep moving it(mobile). I dint got injured. This symptom came suddenly.

Doctor Answers (5) on Trigger Finger

Dr. Amol Kadu Nagpur | Orthopedist
trigger finger occurrs mainly due to recurrent injury to the tendon. I will advice you to avoid lifting heavy weights and try to avoid activities which involve gripping. The treatment manily consists of rest to the hand, hot fomentation and anti inflammatory medication. If this does not help, consult an orthopaedic surgeon near u.
Dr. Devanand D. More Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Trigger finger is due to development of a nodule or swelling on flexor tendons of hand which makes it difficult to glide through the tunnels (pulley) So it gets stucked up Get yourself examined with a Orthopaedic Surgeon It can be managed with medication and physiotherapy in form of ultrasound around lesion If not it can be released surgically
Dr. Nilesh Dattatray Darawade Pune | General Physician
Hi. Trigger finger doesn't happen due to injury so your situation is what we expect in such patients. No worries there. There is no point in giving rest to that finger it'll not accomplish anything. It's better to start anti inflammatory medicines as some patients get relief with them in early course of disease but don't expect it to cure the problem completely. Most of the times something more than tablets is necessary depending on surgeon's choice and patient's symptoms& wishes. Please visit a hand surgeon nearby for examination and start of conservative management.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
contrasth bath grip strength exercise
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, it is very difficulty to come to any conclusion in your case, since to have no injury and pain. You need to get examined by the orthopedician to come to provisional diagnosis, since you have no injury, most probably this could be a transient thing so don't worry . Please consult orthopedician.