Torch igg positive

I had 2 abortions before 4 yrs and a recent miscarriage in 5th week of pregnancy My rubella igg,cmv igg and herpes igg is not normal,but rubella igm,herpes igm and cmv igm is normal. What is the difference between igg and igm If my igg values are not normal does it mean I will never become pregnant.

Doctor Answers (1) on Torch igg positive

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello I went through your query, the TORCH screen results show whether you currently have an infectious disease or recently had one. The results are termed either “positive” or “negative.” A positive test result means IgG or IgM antibodies were found for one or more of the infections covered in the screening. A negative test result is considered normal. This means no antibodies were detected, and there’s no current or past infection. There are many reasons why IgM antibodies may be present. If you test positive for IgM antibodies during pregnancy, more testing will be done to confirm an infection. The presence of IgG antibodies in a pregnant woman usually indicates a past infection. Typically, a second blood test is done two weeks later so the antibody levels can be compared. If levels increase, it means the infection was recent. Needs to treated promptly to prevent complications in pregnancy and newborn If an infection is found, your doctor will go over a treatment plan with you. Please talk to your doctor regarding this...