Tooth problem

I have a hole in one of my teeth, will it be a problem? and what should be done to have it fixed. What should be done for a healthy teeth.I want to know the reason why a hole formed.

Doctor Answers (2) on Tooth problem

Hole in your teeth may be because of demineralisation caused by acids produced by bacteria by metabolism of sugars in our diet. you can prevent it by reducing no. of intakes of sugar and by proper cleaning after each intake... and treatment for your hole may be a cementation or root canal treatment... depending on amount of involvement of tooth. consult a dentist and dentist if requires takes an x ray and will confirm the treatment. Get it treated before pain starts.
Dr. Nikhil Singhvi Hyderabad | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Hi, hole in the tooth or cavity or Dental caries, is a breakdown of tooth due to activities of bacteria. 

The cavities may be a number of different colors from yellow to black.

This occurs due to acid made from food debris or sugar on the tooth surface.
Simple sugars in food are these bacteria's primary energy source and thus a diet high in simple sugar is a risk factor.

If mineral breakdown is greater than build up from sources such as saliva, caries results.
Symptoms may include pain and difficulty with eating.
Complications may include inflammation of the tissue around the toothtooth loss, and infection or abscess formation.

Prevention includes: regular cleaning of the teeth, a diet low in sugar, and small amounts of fluoride.

Brushing the teeth two times per day and flossing between the teeth once a day is recommended by many. 

Fluoride may be from water, salt or toothpaste among other sources.

Treating a mother's dental caries may decrease the risk in her children by decreasing the numbers of certain bacteria.

Screening can result in earlier detection.
Depending on the extent of destruction, various treatments can be used to restore the tooth to proper function.

Kindly do visit your nearby dentist for further information. Hope this answer solves your query!! Take care!!!