Tooth problem

I had rct in one of my right lower tooth.it is fine now.recently I am feeling that all my teeth are getting weak even though I don't consume any sugary items.I feel sensitivity with salt items.my question is why the oral health is getting unhealthy day by day? Wonder how the oral health of previous generations was so good,they never brushed twice a day!!!

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Yes the previous generations were better than us in many aspects, but at this point you should concentrate on improving your own health rather than comparing it with your elders..... brushing twice a day is useless if the brushing technique is faulty...... because of a frequent use of soft diet, there is high incidence of cavities in children and adults these days..... professional check up every 6 months is a highly recommended step these days..... if required teeth cleaning should be done as and when recommended..... for best oral health, proper guidance about daily plaque removal can be obtained from the dentist..... Regards.....
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. following are the reasons - 1. Intake of carbonated drinks. 2. Hereditary 3. Wrong tooth alignment 4. Wrong brushing methods 5. Fast brushing 6. For not undergoing scaling from dentist 7. Wrong Indian food habits Regards
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 15 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello..All teeth weakening may be due to vigorous brushing or cold substances which may cause sensitivity.consult dentist for clinical examination.Earler generations had raw food and more fibre content unlike present generation which includes sugary,sticky and refined carbohydrates which cause early dental problem.
Dr. K. Ramprasad
Dentist 5 yrs exp Coimbatore
Hi greetings to u. As you've mentioned iff your RCT is fine and you've good oral hygiene then your teeth sensitivity has nothing to do with that tooth. It can be due to other reasons such as deposits, cavity in any other tooth/teeth, sometimes hard brushing also. There is a chance you might feel the general teeth weakness if the Rc treated tooth has got a large infection prior to treatment. It takes time for it to heal. The reason for yester year generations for having good oral health is because of their food habits. They had lots of raw n teeth friendly diet rather like today. Please get yourself examined by your dentist for better advice and required treatment.
Dr. Tina Kurian
Dentist 16 yrs exp Bangalore
Well diet has a big role to play.not only sugar but other refined foods like biscuits,bread etc are the culprits. Include more fibre in your diet and cut out refined food