Tooth Makeover

Hi, I smoke. My teeth are damping in color. I feel my gums are also blackening. Are there any on the shelf whitening products available for teeth. It is difficult to quite smoking
views-icons 23 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Tooth Makeover

Hi u have to quit smoking.. otherwise watever u do it wil come back..apart from this ur query about whitening..there are many and mainly two procedures in office and home bleach..for home bleach u can get a kit of coalgate visible white(9%hydrogen peroxide) there are other brands available as well.. get a custom made tray with a dentist and u can use it at home its a slow process and less intense..for in office procedure commonly said as bleaching can be done only by a professional trained to do this as ur dentist.. and is bit more expensive but the results are quick and intense..do ask ur dentist about the side effects of this procedure...best of luck
Dr. Rohan Virani Mumbai | Implantologist
Yes you can go for a home bleaching kit available with us. For more information visit Www.trisadental.in
Dr. K A Sudheer Hyderabad | Oral Medicine and Radiology
Smoking is a very bad habit which affects many organs and found to be one of d main reason for oral and lung cancer and heart attacks. Coming to its effect on teeth and gums, causes nicotine staining on teeth and melanin pigmentation of gums. Both of them can b handled by a dentist but not by a lay man.