Tongue cut, ulcers

I have a cut on my tongue for over 8 months. There's a yellowish latch since last few months. I am not able to tolerate spice. One doctor said is was vitamin b12 deficiency. Is it something serious?

Doctor Answers (4) on Tongue cut, ulcers

Hi it's OK it's not a problem and u have visited physician also but only one thing which I want to say you that if it is long standing pls visit ur near by dentist and may I know how about other part of the tounge In a sense colour and taste differentiation just asking u to rule out vit b12 deficiency
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
8months as the history given by you for an ulcer is too long...kindly get the smear or biopsy tests done for the ulcer..if it's been present at the same site since 8 months. Plz mention the size of the ulcer too
Hi, ulcer since such a long duration need to be examined, aa per your complaint it seems to be a traumatic ulcer which is formed due to irritation from sharp tooth or such traumatic factor. Visit a dentist for proper diagnosis. Best of luck.
Hello. Yellowish latch on the tongue could have many diagnosis. Vitamin B12 deficiency causes more of ulcer formation. It is called as aphthous ulcer. Any dentist would need to check clinically and then tell you the diagnosis. For time being if it is a normal ulcer you can start with b complex tablets, have lots of water and fruits. Avoid spicy food. Please visit a dentist for confirm diagnosis. Thank you