Tight foreskin

I have tight foreskin on penis. I have experienced this problem since childhood. I am unable to slide down skin which is causing formation of white substance itching inside. I neglected that issue since then thinking that if I keep sliding it down and up it will loosen. Now I am 25 and I am afraid it will loosen up. There is barely 3-4mm round gap through which I urinate. Will surgery remove complete foreskin? Please suggest something which will not remove complete foreskin.

Doctor Answers (1) on Tight foreskin

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Irretractable foreskin I a condition called phimosis. .the white substance that accumulates is called smegma. It can be taken care of by surgery. Many people will suggest many treatments but trust me nothing will work except for surgery. The surgery is called circumcision. Consult a general surgeon in person for details about the surgery. In this procedure the whole of the foreskin is removed. What do you want by keeping part of the foreskin? Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.