diabetes-icon

Thyroid TSH very high

I have done my health check up one half month back: these are my results: T3: 107.61 ng/dl (normal range: 60 to 181) T4: 5.70 ug/dl (normal range: 4.5 to 10.9) TSH: 9.056 uIU/ml (normal range: 0.55 to 4.78) i consulted a general physician, she asked me to do test again why the above tests are 1 month back. these are my new results: T3: 0.72 nmol/l (normal range: 0.9 to 3.9) T4: 2.36 ug/dl (normal range: 4.5 to 10.9) TSH: >60 uIU/ml (normal range: 0.3 to 5.5) suddenly all numbers become bad. TSH number is very high which is making me panic. Doctor suggested thyronorm medication and come after 6 weeks. i am wondering why this number become this much high in one month ( what wrong i have done ). is this treatment is enough for this very high number or better to consult as Endocrinologist as earlier as possible or continue the treatment by the my general physician.

Doctor Answers (2) on Thyroid TSH very high

Dr. R. Anbazhahan Chennai | Diabetologist
It is the nature of the disease process and certainly not your fault. Your doctor will to periodic blood tests to find what the right dose is for you.
Please consult endocrinologist for better assessment. It may be autoimmune disorder of thyroid so needs proper investigation and physical examination.