Thyroid test
Hi, I am planning to get the thyroid test done..Can u guys tel me whether thyroid sample is to be taken while on fasting or anytime during day ??

Mohd Ashraf Alam
General Physician 5 yrs exp Aligarh

, if you test later in the day and you've had food, you are likely to have a lower TSH level than if you test earlier in the day with fasting. Any diagnosis of hypothyroidism shouldn't be made on the basis of a single test, anyway, so if your levels of TSH are higher than normal, your doctor will order one or more additional tests to confirm the diagnosis, along with taking into account any other symptoms that may be present, such as: Feeling tired, weak, or depressed.Dry skin and brittle nails.Not being able to stand the cold.Constipation.Memory problems or having trouble thinking clearly.Heavy or irregular menstrual periods