diabetes-icon

Thyroid nodule

I have one nodule in left lobe of thyroid 4x4 cm and t3 t4 and TSH are normal also another nodule 1x1 cm in right lobe. FNAC shows advised papillary cluster with chewing gum colluloid no nuclier groves Excision biopsy to rule out papillary carcinoma is it cancer or benign ?? Only surgery is option any other treatment ?? Pl guide

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  I believe i have answered your query before also. Anyways, in my opinion yes the surgery to do a excision biopsy would be required to see what exactly it is. If its benign or anything, the surgeon will tell you. Kindly consult a general surgeon in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Ramkumar S
General Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Chennai
Yes, I do not recommend surgery unnecessarily, but for your case, excision is justified as the lesion is suspicious for carcinoma and size is bigger. You should consult in person with Endocrinologist with the reports before consulting general surgeon