diabetes-icon

TSH 8 with normal T3 T4.

My wife is having high TSH level of 8. But her FT3 and FT4 levels are normal. Is it hypo thyrodiam. What should be the treatment. I searched on google. It says for subcritical hypothyrodism. And says for some antobodies test. Wt should we go for.

Doctor Answers (2) on TSH 8 with normal T3 T4.

Dr. Rakesh Arora Amritsar | Neuroendocrinologist
Yes, your wife has hypothyroidism but its subclinical. There are various situations in which subclinical hypothyroidism is to be treated. One of them is positive anti tpo antibodies. So she should see an Endocrinologist and get the required tests done.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Based on the TSH value you have mentioned in the report, I think you should know that the normal value ranges between 0.4 to 4.5 milliunits per liter. Generally high values are seen in infection of thyroid gland or hypothyroidism and low values in hyperthyroidism, toxic nodule..... A person suffering from hypothyroidism Generally have symptoms of weight gain, loss of interest of having food, sleepy/ drowsy, intolerance to the cold, menstrual irregularities, easy tiredness, loss libdo.... So kindly consult a endocrinologist immediately for proper management of your condition as early as possible.... Good luck...