Test result
Hi Doc...I just got HIV p24 antigen & HIV I & II antibodies test done. The result shows "Non Reactive" with the number 0.21. Pls explain this to me. Does it mean I am HIV Negative? Also what is the good window period to get the test done after the possible exposure threat ?

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello,Test shows negative for HIV .Antibody tests  — give a positive result based on antibodies to HIV, not the virus itself. It takes your body up to 3 months(window period) to produce these antibodies at levels that can be detected by this test. The p24 antigen test can detect the p24 protein on average 10 to 14 days after infection with HIV.