Tension & depression

My Husband in depression approx. 14 years, when his father died. After the marriage he is well but from the last year his condition is very serious. he is going everywhere but not going his own buisness( he is a shopkeeper). Pl tell me what to do?
views-icons 76 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Your husband has had a depressive episode 14 years back. You need to know that persons having one depressive episode in the past are more likely to have further episodes in later life. From your brief description it seems that your husband has a recurrence of depressive episode. In such a scenario it is advisable for your husband and you to seek psychiatric consultation at the earliest. A psychiatrist should be able to assess and correctly diagnose his condition. Treatment will follow an accurate diagnosis and assessment. Hope this helps you and your husband..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?