Tension & depression

My Husband in depression approx. 14 years, when his father died. After the marriage he is well but from the last year his condition is very serious. he is going everywhere but not going his own buisness( he is a shopkeeper). Pl tell me what to do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Tension & depression

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Your husband has had a depressive episode 14 years back. You need to know that persons having one depressive episode in the past are more likely to have further episodes in later life. From your brief description it seems that your husband has a recurrence of depressive episode. In such a scenario it is advisable for your husband and you to seek psychiatric consultation at the earliest. A psychiatrist should be able to assess and correctly diagnose his condition. Treatment will follow an accurate diagnosis and assessment. Hope this helps you and your husband..