Tenia cruris+folliculitis

I have developed tenia cruris in groin area few years back and had got treated for it on & off in the last few years. It's almost in a dormant state now but does exist with discolouration. Recently I ended up developing folliculitis in the same area. Getting treated for it with ketaconozole 2% and dusting powder with some anti-fungal drugs. But it seems to be coming back again and again. So can you please advice how I can cure both tenia cruris and folliculitis? Regards,

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are coprescribed many a times to treat. If needed a simple skin test can also be done. Till then use only OTC anti-allergic medications to control itching. Folliculitis should resolve with a course of antibiotics. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.
Discuss prevention of relapses with your dermatologist.