Tinea Cruris

Since last 6months I've been suffering from tinea cruris. I've consulted a dermatologist. He prescribed Itraconazole tablets & Mycospor cream. I've used it for 1month and the problem was gone. Suddenly since last one month again I'm suffering from tinea cruris despite of being hygienic and following the instructions from the doctor. This time the infection occurred in my beard & in my knee area. Kindly help me.I want to get rid of this completely.. Now I'm using Grivosin tablets & Betnovate GM cream..yet it is not recovering. Kindly help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Tinea Cruris

Thanks for the query. Betnovate GM is usually not prescribed for fungal infection, Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat. If needed a simple skin test can also be done. Till then use only OTC anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.