Tinea cruris

I am suffering with Tinea Cruris infection for thighs and also back part. I have been used lulifin ointment along with tenovate. Infections was reduced and again it has been started infection on same area after 1 month. What needs to be used. Now I am using Zole-F ointment. Can you please suggest which creams / medicines to be used for permanent solution.
views-icons 272 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Dermatologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹350 for 24 hrs

Hi. Greetings! Who asked you to use tenovate??!!! Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with long term oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Warm regards , Dr Govind S Mittal.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?