Fungal Infection

I was having Fungal Infection (Tinea cruris) in the Groin area last year. I got that treated by using Lulifin cream and Abzorb powder. Now again there are some traces of infection and Lulifin is not available in market. Can u suggest a substitute for Lulifin (salt-luliconazole(1%)) ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Fungal Infection

Hi. Greetings. Lulifin was the only company with that salt. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals (since you have had recurrence) and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.