Teeth are getting black

From long time I'm seeing my front teeth are getting black spot. What should I do? Also bleeding occurs sometimes.

Doctor Answers (3) on Teeth are getting black

Dr. Ankur Sabharwal Panipat | Implantologist
Hello dear... Dr. Ankur Sabharwal here.
There are many reasons for black spots on your front teeth and you are saying that there is bleeding from gums too. In that case, it can be because of black deposits (calculus or in simple term we call it tartar). I would suggest you to definitely see your dentist as this can lead to periodontitis (infection of underline bone leading to bone loss and mobile teeth).
Treatment for it is very simple, i.e. go for scaling or cleaning and in severe case go for curettage and best home remedy is luke warm salt water gargles.
If there is any cavity go for restorations.
If you are taking any iron syrup then it can also cause staining.
Best of luck
Regards,
Dr. Ankur Sabharwal
B.D.S., M.D.S.
Prosthodontist & Implantologist
Hi there! Greetings to you. It seems to be dirt deposition on your teeth which has led to black spotting and bleeding of the gums. However there is a possibility of dental decay also. Get an oral examination done with your dentist and he'll suggest you the most appropriate treatment. There is nothing to worry as these can be cured with simple dental procedures like scaling and fillings in case of decayed teeth. Meanwhile use warm salt water gargle till your appointment. Hope this helped. Feel free to ask for more queries. Rc.
Dr.pravin poojary here ....Black spot on ur teeth might be because of stains or teeth decay...and bleeding gums is due to tarter deposit and microbial attack ......treatment line for stained teeth and bleeding gums is get ur cleaning done and if any cavity there then get filling done.