Syst in ovaries

I am having PCoD 9 mm in size in both the ovaries so my menses cycle is not proper on time and regular sometimes delay then heavy flow now i have recvd menses after 2months howlong will it continue??????????

Doctor Answers (3) on Syst in ovaries

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Obstetrician
I guess by 9mm you are referring to the follicle size in your ovaries. Usually in a ovary follicles of about 20 mm are produced before ovulation, so 9mm is OK!!! If you have PCOD is not a life threatening disease and it is a lifestyle disease where hormone disturbance causes many changes like weight gain, increased facial hair, anovulation, pigmentation on neck, etc As per data given by you, at height of 5.3 feet, your weight of 75 is too high. You need to be around 55, so this 20 kg weight has to be reduced, to get better control of your pcod. Hit the Gym, do cardiovascular exercises under supervision Meet a dietitian, and plan a healthy nutritious diet with low cal foods to help prevent cravings, as you lose weight Irregular menses will become regular as soon as you lose weight, on its own. But if they persist you can take help of a Gynecologist who can give you medicines after doing basic hormone tests and ruling out thyroid problems As compared to scanty flow, heavy flow is BAD, and it needs to be dealt with medicines as it reduces your hemoglobin. so get a gynec consultation and take medicines for preventing heavy bleeding when it happens withing 1st day of menses
Dr. Sujoy Dasgupta Kolkata | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
The main treatment of PCOS is weight control if you are overweight. It is associated with irregular and heavy flow. Along with it, check hormone levels and correct them by consulting doctor
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Pcod is common in your age.and because of that having irregular menses is also common...you need to take measures to reduce weight..start exercising and you need to do it atleast for 30 min...have more of fibre,raw cucumber and carrots....you also need to maintain healthy lifestyle and diet...sometimes if the cysts persists you may have to go for procedure too as it might get symptomatic...you will also be adviced ocps and metformin if required.... consult a gynaecologist...thank you