Symptoms of BPD

I think I have symptoms of BPD. A recent event has caused me to doubt myself with some mental illness and I am worried that I might be right. I am afraid to tell my parents about this because they will think that it's another tantrum of mine. I just want to know if I have BPD and if yes how do I tell my parents about it. Most of online tests results have suggested that I seek professional help. Being at such young age I hesitate in taking such a big step. My financial conditions are also not well during this periods which also one of reasons I am avoiding to seek help. Please help me

Doctor Answers (3) on Symptoms of BPD

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Defining or classifying your problem will not help! its not a disease but a faulty thought pattern...... everyone has some chinks in his personality...it would be better not to define and create a problem. Just go for a counseling session....there should not be any stigma attached to it...it is a professional help online tests are not meant for worrying personalities like you..you will be trapped in the vicious circle of anxiety and further conflict
take a counseling session
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, I understand that you have made a self diagnosis of BPD, and confirmed the diagnosis through online psychological tests. However I must caution you that information on the internet may be misleading or may be misinterpreted by a person not well versed with the clinical situations. Hence you must meet a competent psychiatrist near you for correct understanding of your psychological state and if you suffer from any diagnosable syndrome. Do not worry though, even if your assessment is suggestive of a diagnosable condition, you can be helped to overcome that with professional guidance. Psychological intervention and/or medication may be given to help you get into best of mental health... Hope this helps you.. Best of luck and wishes for your health and future...
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Borderline personality disorder is a mental health disorder that impacts the way you think and feel about yourself and others, causing problems functioning in everyday life. It includes a pattern of unstable intense relationships, distorted self-image, extreme emotions and impulsiveness..... Borderline personality disorder is mainly treated using psychotherapy, but medication may be added.... Consult Psychiatrist....