Swelling on eye lid

First the left eye upper eyelid was swollen, it reduced but then the right one swelled up. It is paining when I touch it or close the eye with a little bit force. Right now the upper eye lid and the lower eye lid are swollen and are paining

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello I think you have lid infection This is due to poor lid hygiene A. Do hot fomentation B. Apply antibiotic ointment lover lid margins C. Take systemic antibiotic for 5 days Once the pain and swelling decreases, try to maintain proper lid hygiene to prevent recurrence
Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern... History that you mentioned suggestive of infection in upper eyelid...I would suggest you to use warm compression and over the counter pain medications to reduce pain and inflammation... You will require antibiotic ointment or eye drops...Consult nearest ophthalmologist they will do the needful.