Suspecting Depression

Hi, I have found below symptoms after some self analysis. I always worry about future and think how good or bad the past was My default perception of most of the things are depressing or saddening I don't know what I want in most of the situations be it career or simple choice of food, clothing etc I don't have curiosity or enthusiasm towards anything. I do anything just for the sake of it. This has affected professional life I think a lot and speak less. I don't know what to say in a discussion I dont have any close emotional relation. At least I feel in this way. I feel as if I am acting in all the situations I avoid social contact, parties, going out etc but I fight with it though I am not sure what to suggest if asked for an opinion on a situation as I am confused I am not suicidal but think if life can be restarted and if my death can solve problems Some days I get depressed but I feel good on other days like a cycle Don't know since when I feel this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Suspecting Depression

Dr. D. S. Poonia Jaipur | Psychiatrist
Hi, from your history it appears that either you are suffering from dysthymia or depression. In both situation you above mentioned symptoms but in dysthymia these are of lower intensity and last shorter. Best way to help your self is do a visit to psychiatrist and get diagnosed for same. Then manage accordingly. It depends on your diagnosis.