Surgical abortion
I had surgical abortion at 5 weeks of pregnancy. Its been more than 2 weeks and my bleeding is still going on.I hv had ultrasound done post abortion n everything seems normal and the doc said that the bleeding could be due to a new menstruation cycle . Please let me know if it could be mentruation cycle and how soon?

Dr. BKN Sudha
Infertility Specialist 11 yrs exp Hyderabad

Get thyroid profile, bleeding n clotting time,serum beta hcg done to know the cause. it can't be new cycle so soon
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Pune
Ideally 5 weeks pregnancy can be successful ly aborted by taking pills. If everything is fine then just wait. Bleeding will stop