Stripping in 37 th week

Need an urgent reply pls..m on my 37th week .. yesterday in my doc visit my doc said he vl do vaginal examination to check the cervix state..it was horrible painful experience literally screamed with pain..after that I have experienced musuos with red blood I calld him he said it z normal after stripping...I searched net to find out wat stripping is..thn I got to know that it z done to induce labour n I was like :(... y haven't he asked if I want to go with stripping or not..n in 37 th week is it ok to do stripping I mean isn't it too early???pls help m feeling very annoyed

Doctor Answers (4) on Stripping in 37 th week

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi, stripping done to induce the labour. So that in some days to week you will go in labour naturally. In 37wks the baby gets mature and you will go in labour slowly.
Best of luck.
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Stripping is done to promote labor induction. It helps in avoiding chances of using medications and cesarean at the time of delivery once your baby turns mature.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hello. Stripping is done after maturity of baby to help mother go in spontaneous labour. It will take couple of days. at 37 weeks baby is mature, it's not early. You are far more likely to deliver if you go in labour on your own. Induction is associated with its own set of complicating and more chances of caesarean. So don't worry. Your doctor is doing what's best for you and baby
It's a process which helps in inducing labor but it takes a week or so.. Once we know the baby is mature.. We do it in opd.. so that u may not need drugs to induce labor.. and also to avoid the problem of unnecessary cesarean.. so it was in ur best interest