Stammering issue.

I have stammering issue. It is not by birth. From 2-3 years it is increasing day by day. What type of treatment or home remedy should I take for it.
views-icons 33 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychotherapist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Onset of stammering in adulthood could be a signifier of anxiety or stress, less likely is the possibility of an throat pathology. To find out the cause behind your stammering it will need to be understood that how did the problem begin, in what circumstances did you have stammering in beginning, what are the circumstances where it is exaggerated, other symptoms, your smoking history, etc. The doctor is likely to examine your throat for any other cause. My suggestion to you is to visit a psychiatrist as of now, if so required an ENT consultation can be sought subsequently. Hope this helps you.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?