Squint in one eye
My five year old daughter at times gets a squint in one eye.Her left eye goes in different direction while right eye stays stable. Happens for a few seconds. At times I notice her closing her left eye as well especially early in the morning or late at night. In sunlight also she closes left eye. Please suggest possible reasons and next steps.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 10 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello I think she has Intermittant exotropia I am a squint specialist...Can you please send me her photos when eyes are squinting so that i may guide you better
Dr. Shyam Prakash Vyas
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 43 yrs exp Bikaner

Case of intermittent divergent squint. Surgery is the answer
Dr Arun Rajan
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 8 yrs exp Thiruvananthapuram

Consult a pediatric ophthalmologist immediately. The squint has to be evaluated and appropriate treatment given as early as possible. The earlier it is treated, the better the prognosis. Your daughter may be closing one eye as she is having double vision when she keeps both eyes open.
Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello...... If it's mild squint eye muscle exercise can correct squint but if squint is apparently visible then she has to undergo surgery ...The exact operation that is done depends on the type and severity of the squint. Ophthalmologist decide it only after examination... Consult doctor in nearest hospital