Snoring during sleep
My father has snoring problems. The symptoms match that of 'Obstructive Sleep Apnea'. I would not describe him as obese and he is not on any medications. Due to snoring he experiences daytime drowsiness. I am a medical student and concerned about him. How should we proceed? Please explain in great elaboration... Thanks...:)

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

Your father should undergo sleep study to ascertain whether it is true OSA. If it is true OSA then other investigations are to be done to know the level of obstruction. Some people are benefitted by medical treatment , others may need surgery. Again there are several surgical options. So consult an experienced ENT surgeon and follow his/her advice.